2016-10-14

Brat Hummin' & Hawin'


So the longer I have this thing, the less I like it.

I'm referring to the Car Cultures Trucks series member Subaru Brat. As you can see above, it has been on my desk at the office since I got it, so I see, and handle, it almost every day.

One thing I didn't notice immediately was that the base was a black plastic, not metal like the Cool Classics Brat is. The other thing is that the zamac finish really doesn't look good -- there are lots of flaws and inconsistancies that make the car look a bit weathered and worn. Which is fine if that's what you are going for, but I'm not.

The wheels, base, finish and color are all better on the Cool Classics car.

I am disappointed.

UPDATE: Reddit informs me, and I have verified for myself, that this is in fact a metal base that has been painted carefully to look like plastic. I suppose that's... better? Still not great. It doesn't explain why the Trucks casting is so much lighter than the Cool Classics casting is.